Hello Juan,

Debug   mode  is  unusable  for  production  code.  Even  it  you  add
optimization, MS builds in a debug memory allocator/deallocator that's
at least 10 times slower than the regular memory allocator. Running my
application  under  debug,  the memory allocations completely dominate
processing  performance.  It's  more than assertions, the debug memory
allocator tracks every allocation and de-allocation.

Your  alternative  is to build for release but, tell the linker and the
compiler  to add debug code to the exe. Even if you turn the optimizer
off, you still end up with faster code.

Monday, March 19, 2012, 5:05:49 AM, you wrote:

JP> Hi all:

JP>    I´m using SQLite amalgamation in various exe files with Visual Studio
JP> 2005.
JP>    In debug mode the exe files are very slow and have high CPU usage.
JP>    In release the problem dissapears.
JP>    Is there some option in SQLite to avoid this problem?

JP> Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
 Teg                            mailto:t...@djii.com