On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Larry Levesque <ka1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Linux - Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.04 for me.

The precompiled command-lien shells for linux omit command-line editing
because command-line editing requires certain libraries that are not found
on all linux distributions.  If we included command-line editing in the
default build, that would mean that the binary would not work on those
linux distributions that lacked the required libraries.  Hence,
command-line editing is omitted for portability.

You can rebuild the command-line shell yourself, from the source code, and
the configure script will automatically determine which command-line
editing library your system supports (if any) and use it.

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 08:29:21AM -0400, Richard Hipp wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM, David Holland <dlh.holl...@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> > > The SQLITE 3.7.11 shell does not allow user to repeat or edit entered
> > > commands with the arrow keys.
> > >

> > What operating system?
> >

> > > David Holland
> > > dlh.holl...@gmail.com