On 1 Apr 2012, at 3:05am, John <li...@jspect.fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Can the date time functions in SQLite correctly interpret a date string like
> '20120331'? Is there a format or modifier that will help the function
> interpret/convert that as '2012-03-31'?
>
> I don't see anything myself at the moment but thought I should ask before
> working out other solutions.

I assume you've found

<http://www.sqlite.org/lang_datefunc.html>

You can deal very well with the '2012-03-31' format, converting between it and
Julian and epoch numbers.  If you have strings in the format '20120331' stored,
you can use a combination of the concatenate operator '||' and the
substr(X,Y,Z) function to convert that to the format with the hyphens in.  It's
not pretty but it works.

Simon.