On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 08:41:02PM -0700, A Gilmore scratched on the wall:
> I have a project that compiles SQLite with the following options:
>
>   -DSQLITE_SECURE_DELETE=1
>   -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1
>   -DSQLITE_CORE=1
>   -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3=1
>   -DSQLITE_ENABLE_UNLOCK_NOTIFY=1
>   -DSQLITE_DEFAULT_PAGE_SIZE=32768
>   -DSQLITE_MAX_DEFAULT_PAGE_SIZE=32768
>   -DSQLITE_MAX_SCHEMA_RETRY=25
>
> and sometimes:
>
>   -DSQLITE_ENABLE_LOCKING_STYLE=1
>
> The project is stable and makes heavy use of SQLite.  I'd like to
> enable the R-Tree index (-DSQLITE_ENABLE_RTREE=1), can I expect any
> impact to the project beyond allowing the use of R-Tree indexes?
> Will any existing code work differently (gotchas, stability issues,
> etc)?

  R-Tree support is done via virtual table extensions, very similar
  to the FTS extension.  It doesn't alter the SQLite core, it only
  adds additional code to support the R-Tree virtual tables.  You
  should be good to go.

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson