On 2 Apr 2012, at 5:38pm, Alexey Pechnikov <pechni...@mobigroup.ru> wrote:

> Why we can't control this? As example, in Russia the date format is
> DD.MM.YYYY and is needed the patch
> http://sqlite.mobigroup.ru/fdiff?v1=288ad2e1e017565c&v2=720cb1015e95af7a
>
> I think the new pragmas DATEFORMAT and TIMEFORMAT will be helpful for
> internationalization. These may be used for parsing and formatting dates.

I take the view that parsing and formatting data should be done by your
software.  Your software must be aware of time zones, Summer time adjustments,
and whether you want your months numbered or spelled.  It needs to deal with
people entering gibberish as a date.  If needs to know, if a date was entered
by a user in Russia, and printed by a user in Germany, whether it has to be
adjusted for local time.

SQLite is a database system.  It's used for /storing/ information.  And that
has nothing to do with what language you speak.  A date is a date, a time is a
time, and you can be storing time as UTC or in your local timezone.

Simon.