Hello,

I had compiled TEA (Tcl Extension) on a standard RHEL5 image with Tcl 8.4
present in it as default. If I load the compiled .so file on a regular
tclsh the version shown is

% dbcmd version
3.7.10

But if I do the same on a commercial EDA tool which uses Tcl has the user
interface, it shows

encounter 8> dbcmd version
3.5.9

Furthermore, when I use "restore" command for a database created on tclsh
(presumably 3.7.10) on regular tclsh, it works well. But when I use the
same database on the commercial EDA tool shell, it causes the a core dump.
So, I have two queries

(1) What is the reason for this downgrading of version when loaded within
EDA tool shell ? And any hints on fixing this behavior ?
(2) Is the core dump issue related to above difference in versions ? Reason
I ask it is because, I tried a different approach to copy all tables
instead and it seems to work well. Though I did not try saving and
restoring from within EDA tool shell yet.

Thanks for your help !

Regards,
Madhur