On 24 Apr 2012, at 3:53pm, b2 <bruce.black...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have data that is exported to comma delimited format(CSV) daily /
> weekly and want to be able to display on the web.
>
> Read only with no calculations but more readable date & price formats.
> Number of records will be less than 100.
>
> MySQL is an overkill for this and I was hoping that SQLite might do
> the job.
>
> Are there any tools or operators to make this job simple ?
>
> I have little experience with SQLite and was concerned that I might be
> going down the wrong path.

Are you a programmer ?  SQLite interfaces well with pretty-much every
programming language I've found.  Writing something to turn the output from a
SELECT into HTML is easy.

If not, SQLite has a shell tool which will prepare the results of a SELECT in
the format of an HTML table, from the '<table>' tag to the '</table>' tag.  See
this page for details on the shell tool:

<http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html>

So you could prepare the rest of your web page, and slot the up-to-date output
into an existing web page, or make a 'beforeTable.txt' file and an
'afterTable.txt' file and concatenate them all together.  Doing all this in a
usable form would probably require you to understand at least a scripting
system, though.  Batch files if you're using Windows, Automator if you're using
a Mac, or a shell script if you're using Unix.

Simon.