What version are you using?  Can you extract an example of all your
tables/indexes/data to demonstrate?

One more idea.  Explicitly ask for the indexes...and a compound index might be
nice to have around.

I dont' think you can ask for more than one index without doing subselects, can
you?

SELECT transfer_date FROM transfer_history_new INDEXED BY myindex
WHERE regn_no = '039540' and transfer_date<= '2012-05-01'
order by transfer_date asc

Michael D. Black

Senior Scientist

Advanced Analytics Directorate

Advanced GEOINT Solutions Operating Unit

Northrop Grumman Information Systems