Greg Carter wrote:

> This way it's impossible for the pool to return an invalid handle.  With
> these changes our application runs without problems with pooling on.

Yeah, I noticed several potential race conditions when I looked at the
connection pool code.  However, that being said, I'm still totally unable
to reproduce the problem here using an extremely contrived test case.

> FWIW Our application performs all db access in a single thread, the main
> application thread.  So I don't think it has to do with threads.  I had
> started on a coming up with a test case, I'll try to finish it and see
> if I can reproduce it outside of our application.

The test case that I've written relies upon multiple threads to force a
full garbage collection at random intervals in an attempt to cause one of
the connection handles returned from the pool to be invalid; however, I've
still been unable to cause it to fail with an access violation.  It would
be great if you could come up with a clean reproduction for this issue so
that we can verify it's actually fixed.

--
Joe Mistachkin