> >>  delete from addressbook where absid=(select personnick from grouplinks
> where
> >> groupnick='27')
> >>
> >> The 'select personnick ...' can return zero, one, or many results, and
> I'd
> >> like to have the 'delete from ...' delete zero, one, or many rows from
> the
> >> addressbook table. How can I do that with a single statement in SQLite,
> or is
> >> it not possible?

I would normally expect SQLite to give an error (misuse perhaps?) in a
query like this since the right operand to the operator= must evaluate to a
single value.  Otherwise what value is taken? Is "order by" resolved before
taking the first value?  I'd resolve the ambiguity by an error rather than
silently correcting the user's faults.

Just my opinion, but please let me know if a different opinion favored the
current behavior (i like to sync myself with this community!).

In OracleSQL I get this kind of error:
  ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row

Simon