From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]
On Behalf Of Simon Slavin
Sent: May-02-12 5:28 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] SQlite exclusive table lock

On 3 May 2012, at 1:03am, Harnek Manj <hm...@gemcomsoftware.com> wrote:

> So does it mean that in SQlite there is no way to stop the read operation
> while a write operation is running, like table level exclusive lock.

You seem to have jumped straight over the basic features of SQL and looked at
some of the most advanced and complicated features.  When you want to block
everything else use

BEGIN EXCLUSIVE TRANSACTION

See

<http://sqlite.org/lang_transaction.html>

However, I don't understand why you would want to block a read operation.  The
difference can matter only when you have multiple threads or processes running
at once.  And if you're doing that then there's no harm in getting the data as
it was before the write happened.  If the first operation had to finish before
the second started, who wouldn't you be doing both operations in the same
thread of the same process ?

Simon.