On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Baruch Burstein <bmburst...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 1. Can a use the expression 'WHERE b IN (SELECT ...)' if b is a blob
> column? Does the 'IN' comparison work with blobs?

IN works with blobs.

> 2. How "static" does data have to be to be bound with SQLITE_STATIC? If it
> won't change until the call to sqlite3_step, is that enough? How about
> until sqlite3_reset or sqlite3_clear_bindings? If all of those are not
> enough, I assume that if it doesn't change before the sqlite3_finalize, it
> must be safe to use SQLITE_STATIC?

SQLITE_STATIC means that the content must not change until after SQLite has
read it for the last time.  You are guaranteed to be safe if you hold the
content unchanged until sqlite3_finalize().  You can probably get away with
changing the content sooner than that, but it depends on your
circumstances.  Why push your luck?

> --
> Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
> bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce
> bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.  - Rich Cook

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org