Just curious, what dev language are you using?

*Jonas Malaco Filho*

On 25/05/2012, at 17:57, Peter Haworth <p...@lcsql.com> wrote:

Just picking a random post to make my reply to.

I truly wish I could get access to an external sqlite library to load at
runtime.  I use e devlopement language that has the sqlite library built
into it so I am at the mercy of the language provider as to what is
provided.  Right now, they are using sqlite 3.7.4 which looks to be at
least 7 releases out of date and lacks several features including fts4aux
and rtree virtual tables.  TO make matters worse, they don;t expose
whatever function it is in sqlite that would allow me to load extensions to
sqlite from external libraries.

So while I think that in most circumstances it makes sense to compile the
sqlite library into your application for all the reasons mentioned, I wish
that was not the case in my circumstances.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>