Ciao fellow SQLite users,

We're supposed to be able to change the representation of the NULL value.
Whatever parameter I choose it does not seem to work. I always get an empty
string.

What I did wrong in this sample table, the commands or parameters?

sqlite> .nullvalue *
sqlite> select numinsng "#", ttlofsng "s", prfofsng "a" from numsong where
numinsng <1;
#|s|a
0||
sqlite> .nullvalue "*"
sqlite> select numinsng "#", ttlofsng "s", prfofsng "a" from numsong where
numinsng <1;
#|s|a
0||
sqlite> .nullvalue "void"
sqlite> select numinsng "#", ttlofsng "s", prfofsng "a" from numsong where
numinsng <1;
#|s|a
0||
sqlite> .mode line
sqlite> select numinsng "#", ttlofsng "s", prfofsng "a" from numsong where
numinsng <1;
    # = 0
    s =
    a =
sqlite> .nullvalue "?"
sqlite> select numinsng "#", ttlofsng "s", prfofsng "a" from numsong where
numinsng <1;
    # = 0
    s =
    a =
sqlite> .nullvalue ?
sqlite> select numinsng "#", ttlofsng "s", prfofsng "a" from numsong where
numinsng <1;
    # = 0
    s =
    a =
sqlite> .nullvalue 'void'
sqlite> select numinsng "#", ttlofsng "s", prfofsng "a" from numsong where
numinsng <1;
    # = 0
    s =
    a =

FYI the entire table

sqlite> .mode list
sqlite> select * from numsong order by 1;
numinsng|ttlofsng|prfofsng
0||
1|one|U2
7|seven seconds|Nene Cherry
40|'40'|U2
2000|2000 miles|Pretenders

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and/or help.

Cheers,
Klaas V