Hopefully someone has some insight on this. I am using FTS4 with
tokenize=icu (and PRAGMA encoding="UTF-8"). I'm getting getting an error
inserting the following into my virtual table:

一日耶羅波安出

If I add a byte to the front, lets say "|", it works. If I delete the first
character, or delete the last, it works too. If I add more characters, it
doesn't work. Seems like it is an encoding issue, and I wonder if it isn't
because ICU is using UTF-16 internally.  This is a 1/31000 problem but
aggravating nonetheless. If I don't use tokenize=icu it works.

The error is SQLITE_ERROR: SQL logic error or missing database.

Respectfully,
Tim