Dear sqlite experts,

My application needs to run a lot of queries from a large sqlite
database (>100G) with many small tables (>10,000). The performance of
the queries are acceptable if the database is on a SSD drive, but can
be 50 times or more slower on a regular or network drive.

Because some users have slow disks and plenty of RAM (e.g. on a
high-mem cluster system), I would like to create an in-memory database
to cache frequently accessed tables. For example, if the user tells me
he can allocate 20G RAM to cache the tables, I will create a :memory:
database and use it to cache tables until the database reaches 20G in
size. The question is: How do I know the size of an in-memory database
so that I can keep it under the specified size?

Many thanks in advance,
Bo