On 5 Jul 2012, at 3:43am, D A <way...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anybody explain to me how to set up my sqlite database file with my
> Linux server?
>
> To my limited knowledge, i have uploaded the following files in a directory
> on my server:
>
> 1. sqlite.db
> 2. form.php
>
> Do i have to also upload the command shell??

No.  Assuming you have a platform on which PHP is working, the code for
accessing a SQLite database is built into PHP [1].  Have you tested PHP ?  Is
it running ?  Write a little PHP program which just shows a message on the
screen and put it in the same folder as 'form.php'.  Can you make your server
execute that program ?  Then you have all the SQLite programming you need.

>  I am confident in the php and
> sqlite code and file paths, but I just cannot get anything to show up on
> screen.  Just a blank page, no action.  I've dealt with permissions as well.

Look for the error log for your (presumably) Apache web server.  I bet you'll
find an error message in there explaining what's wrong when it tries to execute
the 'form.php' page.

One guess is that the form.php program isn't expecting to find the database
file in the same folder as the form.php file itself.  This would be a very
unusual way to set up anything but a private server, because anyone who could
run form.php could also download the entire database file from your server.
Normally databases are hidden away in a folder which your web server would not
serve.

Simon.

[1] There are some exceptions to this, but that's how things are set up by
default.