Hello,

Is there a place where I should enter such a documentation request?

Regards
Olivier

OBones wrote:
Hello all,

As I'm moving forward in my usage of virtual tables, I'm using the xFindFunction method to overload some functions with my own implementation. That works just fine, but I stumbled upon a hurdle that was not obvious to solve at first glance. Inside the xFindFunction, you can give a value to *ppArg that the documentation says is user data. But there are no indication as to how to retrieve that user data from within the function which pointer is set to *pxFunc I initially expected that this function would receive it as a parameter much like xCreate and xConnect, but there is no such parameter to that function. Turns out that one can get the value back by calling sqlite3_user_data(pContext) and that works quite nice.

Considering that it's unlikely that the signature for pxFunc would be changed, could at least the documentation be updated so that it indicates how to retrieve the value with sqlite3_user_data?

Regards
Olivier