On 12 Jul 2012, at 10:40pm, "Rose, John B" <jbr...@utk.edu> wrote:

> We are setting up what is to be a central virtual host server. So at this
> point no specific application.

Okay, wait until a programmer for an application asks for SQLite.  Then you'll
know what you need to do.  Which will probably be nothing.

> Apache 2.2.15 is the installation. I am not seeing mod_sqlite in the module
> listing.

There is no such thing as mod_sqlite for Apache.  Or rather there is, but
almost nobody uses that way of sharing SQLite databases across public networks
because you would have to know SQL so it appeals only to programmers not normal
web browser users.

The normal way to make SQLite databases available via a web interface is to use
a programming language to access a SQLite database, and support for SQLite
would be built into the programming language's module.  For example, the
default installation of the PHP programming language (mod_php) allows PHP
programs to access SQLite databases, as documented here:

<http://www.php.net/manual/en/sqlite3.installation.php>

Simon.