On 7/16/2012 12:44, Richard Hipp wrote:
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Grace Batumbya <
grace.batum...@senecacollege.ca> wrote:

Hi there,
With the shared-cache enabled, attaching a database to a second instance
of the database connection throws an error : "database is already attached".
Why does this happen? is it by design or is it a bug?

We would not have had an error message for this specific issue where it not
by design.  But that design happened so long ago, that I do not recall the
reason, right off hand, why the restriction is in place.

Why do you want to attach the same database twice?  What are you hoping to
accomplish?

We are using SQLite in a concurrent environment. The second connection would be on a new thread. We like to refer to DB objects using fully-qualified names; hence the need to attach databases for each connection.

*Grace Batumbya*
Research Assistant | Seneca CDOT
Phone: 416-491-5050 x3548
cdot.senecac.on.ca <http://cdot.senecac.on.ca/>