Dear sqlite experts,

I am having problems creating index for my database. The error says:
"database or disk is full", although I am sure there is sufficient space
left on the disk where the database is located. However the Linux /tmp
and /var/tmp folders are mounted to a 40GB small disk (my un-index
database is about 30GB) which I guess might be the cause of the problem.
My questions are 1) is it true that indexing a database  will require
sufficient disk space on some temporary directories in the operating
system, and 2) is there a way to re-set such a tmp directory path? It turns
out the pragma_temp_store option does not work for my case, and is
flagged obsolete in the sqlite manual.

I would appreciate any suggestions to help me out. Thank you!

Kindest regards,
Gao

Student in Statistical Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine
(the same Gao as from: gaow [at] bcm.edu / gaow [at] rice.edu)