> Is there some way to load a ".csv" file into a SQLite database table
> when the first row (record) of the file contains headers?
>
> This does not work?
> .separator ,
> .import test.csv ld_assay
>
> Here's my database / table:
> CREATE TABLE [ld_assay] (
>    [id] INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
>    [barcode_id] NCHAR(9),
>    [light] BOOLEAN,
>    [bpm] REAL);
>
> Here's my "test.csv":
> id,barcode_id,light,bpm
> 1,000002455,1,180.2
> 2,000002455,1,168.3
> 3,000002455,1,189.4

I'm pretty sure MyJSQLView will do this for you. Been a while
since I tested it it, but it should use the first line to
compose a SQL insert statement that only adds the columns
specified. Left out columns should take default values.

Since MyJSQLView is a Java based GUI the Zentus's SQLite
JDBC must be used as the commnuncation interface to the
SQLite database file. Add it to your java/lib/ext directory
to have it loaded automatically.

danap.

MyJSQLView
http://myjsqlview.org
SQLite JDBC
http://www.xerial.org/trac/Xerial
/wiki/SQLiteJDBC#WhatisdifferentfromZentussSQLiteJDBC