Hi sqlite-users,

I have a column in table 'alpha' which I would like to populate with data
from table 'beta'. As far as I know, we cannot do an UPDATE using JOIN in
sqlite, but we can

UPDATE alpha SET frequency = (SELECT frequency FROM beta WHERE beta.term =
> alpha.term)

or we can create a temp table with the joined data and then drop and
replace alpha. How inefficient is the former method? Is it "ok"?  In this
case, alpha is about 100k rows and beta might be several million. The
'term' is indexed. Will the database really be doing a select in beta for
every single line in alpha?

Respectfully,
Tim