Actually, I am not using sqlite at the API level.  That's why prepared a
bunch of batch files that reproduce the issue with sqlite command line
shell.  To answer your question, the queries complete in sqlite3 command
line, and they also complete successfully using the API, albeit, through a
wrapper that I am using.

Regards, Dan