Hi,

I am using sqlite version 3.7.13 in a multithreaded application.  I am
getting the sqlite error "1: no such access mode :memory" in the following
two situations that I would like to implement.  I would like to get
situation 1 working the most.

1. I open an in memory database with shared_cache enabled using the URI file
syntax.  I then attach the sqlite tracer with the sqlite_trace () function
to all connections to this in memory database to log all transactions
performed on the database.  If I try to start any transaction at all in
either a multithreaded or singlethreaded environment, I get "1: no such
access mode :memory".  When I remove the tracer from the connections, all
database operations work fine.  When I open an on disk database with the
tracer attached, all database operations and trace operations work fine.

2. I try to maintain two databases.  One of them is an in memory one with
the same configurations listed above, and the other is an on disk database
using the sqlite asynchronous io module (no tracer is involved here).  The
sqlite asynchronous io vfs is attached only to the on disk database and not
the in memory one.  When I try to start any transaction with the in memory
database, I get the same "1: no such access mode :memory" error.  The on
disk database seems to be ok.

Any ideas on why I'm getting this error in these two situations especially
situation 1?  Am I just using a setup that involves incompatible elements?

Thanks,
Eric