Hi Jay

>   http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_synchronous
>
>       When synchronous is FULL (2), the SQLite database engine will use
>       the xSync method of the VFS to ensure that all content is safely
>       written to the disk surface prior to continuing. This ensures
>       that an operating system crash or power failure will not corrupt
>       the database. FULL synchronous is very safe, but it is also
>       slower. When synchronous is NORMAL (1), the SQLite database
>       engine will still sync at the most critical moments, but less
>       often than in FULL mode. There is a very small (though non-zero)
>       chance that a power failure at just the wrong time could corrupt
>       the database in NORMAL mode. But in practice, you are more likely
>       to suffer a catastrophic disk failure or some other unrecoverable
>       hardware fault.
>

>From what I have read so far, my understanding is consistent with your
explanation (except that I didn't realise corruption can happen in
NORMAL, only lost of data). Regardless, I would really like to hear
from a developer that the above paragraph also applies to the WAL
journal mode, and not just the older journal modes, since WAL was
introduced later in 3.7 onwards. Because of the architecture change in
WAL, I was hoping that the durability can still be preserved while
using NORMAL.

Regards
Keith