On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 6:19 AM, Eckert Martin (DC-IA/EWT1) <
martin.eck...@boschrexroth.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm using sqlite 3.7.14. I have an open sqlite database. New datasets are
> continously entered into this database. After having entered a new dataset
> into the database heap consumption has grown. After each sqlite prepare and
> step cmd I use the sqlite3_finallize to free the recources. Why does heap
> consumption grow? Do I have to close the database? After each insert?

I don't know why your heap is growing - that really depends on what your
application is doing.  Have you read the
http://www.sqlite.org/malloc.htmldocument that talks about how memory
allocation in SQLite works, and how
you can measure and control it?  In particular, it would be good if you
could make use of the sqlite3_status() and sqlite3_db_status() interfaces
to report on exactly how the extra memory is being used.

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
>
> Martin Eckert
>
> DC-IA/EWT1
> Bosch Rexroth. The Drive & Control Company
> Tel. 07192-22453
> Fax 07192-22290
> martin.eck...@boschrexroth.de<mailto:martin.eck...@boschrexroth.de>
> www.boschrexroth.com<http://www.boschrexroth.com>
>
> Bosch Rexroth Electric
> Drives and Controls GmbH
> Fornsbacher Str. 92
> 71540 Murrhardt
> GERMANY
>
> Firmensitz: Lohr am Main, Registrierung: Amtsgericht Würzburg HRB 578
> Geschäftsführung: Michael Fiks; Dr. Bernd-Josef Schäfer
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Karl Tragl

D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org