> Two separate database connection can read concurrently.  But you can only
> do one thing at a time with a single database connection.

You could prepare a select statement, one on each thread, and step them each in
their own thread, against the same database connection, even though only one
thread would be 'stepping' at a time, in much the same way that you can have
fifty programs writing to disk 'concurrently' (yet I/O is serialized so only
one write operation proceeds at a time).

I think it all depends on how you define "concurrency" ... the database
connection is serialized so no operations occur concurrently, however, you can
execute separate operations against the same connection in separate threads and
all will "make progress" in an interleaved (serialized) fashion within the
constraints of the OS scheduler.

---
()  ascii ribbon campaign against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org