I used the following to upgrade SQLite 3 on 10.6.8. I now have version
3.6.12 installed in /usr/bin/ and version 3.7.14 installed in
/usr/local/bin/. Was this the best way to install it?

mkdir ~/tempFolder
cd ~/tempFolder
curl https://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-autoconf-3071400.tar.gz | tar xvz
cd sqlite-autoconf-3071400
autoconf
./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
sudo make install

As long as I call the latest version, the command below works perfectly.
set xxx to do shell script "/usr/local/bin/sqlite3 -cmd \".timeout 2\"  " &
databasePath & " \"select * from " & table1 & ";\""

Thank you for your help.
John