Hi Joe,

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Joe Mistachkin <sql...@mistachkin.com>wrote:

> Robert Calco wrote:
> >
> > Dependency Walker is complaining that SQLite.Interop.dll needs but cannot
> > find IEShims.dll. This DLL is present on my system twice, in the program
> > files directory of both x86 and x64 versions of Internet Explorer,
> > respectively.
> >

> That appears to be a delay-load issue.  Those are normally harmless.

It is when I open the x64 SQLite.Interop.dll in Dependency Walker. Just the
two warnings.

But when I open the x32 SQLite.Interop.dll in Dependency Walker, it gives
me an error:

"Errors were detected when processing "<path>\x86\SQLITE.INTEROP.DLL". See
the log window for details."

ANd the two errors are:

Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export
function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.

That last one is what has me scratching my head. All the system DLLs are
64-bit (and show red x64 in the CPU column). And still that IEShims.DLL
cannot be found.

The kicker though: this doesn't seem to pose a problem in one solution, but
it does in another, when they are referencing the same binaries, and they
have the same problem when I load them in Dependency Walker!

No, putting the SQLite.Interop.dll in the bin directory doesn't help,
either.

-- Bob

> > I have used NuGet to install SQLite into all three. I'm going to remove
> it
> > from the projects in the WPF and WCF solutions, leaving it only in the
> > Shared solution, and resolving all references to the SQLite binaries in
> the
> > shared solution, for starters.
> >

> I've never tried to add the same NuGet package to multiple projects in a
> single solution before.  I'm not sure what happens in that case.
>
> Something that could give us some clues here are the trace diagnostics
> emitted
> by the native library pre-loading feature.  Is it possible for you to
> modify
> your project and add a trace listener prior to using any of the
> System.Data.SQLite
> classes?  If so, you should see output similar to:
>
>         Trying to load native SQLite library \"{0}\"...
>         Failed to load native SQLite library \"{0}\" (getLastError = {1}):
> {2}
>
> Also, if your application is part of a web application or is being deployed
> to a
> location where the "SQLite.Interop.dll" files will not be present in the
> appropriate
> processor architecture sub-directories, you can use the
> "PreLoadSQLite_BaseDirectory"
> environment variable to indicate where the native library pre-loading
> feature should
> look.  See the following docs for more information:
>

> http://system.data.sqlite.org/index.html/artifact?ci=trunk&filename=Doc/Extr
> a/environment.html
>
> --
> Joe Mistachkin