On 15 Oct 2012, at 9:50pm, "Caleb A. Austin" <caus...@climet.com> wrote:

> Hmm, I will try  a few other locations.  It seems that CE does not have
> a local directory that windows does. So the sqlite3_open(("count.db"),
> &db); even when run from /release/sql/ it thinks the root is the local
> directory.

Okay, I thought you knew this.  Sorry for not posting earlier.  Windows CE does
not have anything like a local directory, a current directory or a default
directory.  Every create and open command must specify a full path.  If you do
not specify a full path random things may happen, including different things on
different platforms and in different versions.  You must learn how your device
organises data files for each application, and specify a path that your
application is allowed to keep its files in.

This is described in detail in several programming sources for WinCE, but you
can find confirmation here:

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms900336.aspx>

Simon.