On 10/26/2012 12:14 PM, Jamie Norrish wrote:
Using 3.7.14, when creating an index on a 27G database (on the table
that contains almost all of the data), I consistently (on Windows XP and
Debian GNU/Linux, on three different machines) get a disk I/O error.
This does not happen using 3.7.13 (only tested on Debian GNU/Linux), nor
does it happen when creating the same index on a smaller (~2G) version
of the database.

Is there more information I should provide as part of a proper bug
report, or is this a known issue, or have I missed a trick somewhere?

Thanks for reporting this. Now fixed here:

  http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/e24ba5bee4

Dan.