On Thu, Oct 25, 2012, Nico Williams wrote:
Incidentally, here's a single-file, bag of b-trees that uses a COW
format: MDB, which can be found in
git://git.openldap.org/openldap.git, in the mdb.master branch.

Complete docs, design notes, and benchmark results are available here:
  http://highlandsun.com/hyc/mdb/

I already discussed some of this on the sqlite-dev mailing list back in July.
I'll also be giving a talk on the design/internals of MDB in Barcelona at LinuxCon Europe on Wednesday November 7. Drop by if you're in the area...

Our work on an sqlite 4 backend built on MDB is progressing as well.
--
  -- Howard Chu