Please test the latest snapshot of SQLite in your applications and report
any performance regressions to this mailing list, or directly to me at
d...@sqlite.org.   You can get a tarball or ZIP archive of the latest raw
sources from Fossil at http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/trunk or you can pull
down a snapshot of a recent amalgamation from:

    http://www.sqlite.org/download.html
    http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-amalgamation-201211092140.zip

We have made many improvements to the SQLite query planner/optimizer since
the last release.  These enhancements should help to make most applications
run faster.  But coding a query planner is more art than science, and so
there is the possibility that some of the recent enhancements have made
some corner-case queries run slower.  Unfortunately, the only way for us to
identify those cases is to test SQLite in as many applications as possible.

So, please do test the latest SQLite amalgamation in our applications, and
please let us know if you encounter any performance regressions.  We cannot
fix performance problems if we do not know about them.  Please do NOT wait
until an official release to run this test - it will be too late then.

FWIW, this email is being typed into Gmail running on a Firefox Nightly
that was recompiled with the SQLite amalgamation snapshot shown above.  And
the Fossil binary that you see at http://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline is
also running the latest SQLite.  (See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food)  But we still need
your help to test the latest SQLite enhancements in as many applications as
possible.

Thanks

--
D. Richard Hipp