Hello,

We recently upgraded our SQLite library to 3.7.14.1 and we are seeing that
sqlite3_prepare_v2 function is throwing a segmentation fault with pzTail being
address-out-of-bounds. This happens sometimes but normally works fine. But it
is not so rare that we can ignore it and we need to fix it.

That is:
SQLITE_API int sqlite3_prepare_v2(
  sqlite3 *db,              /* Database handle. */
  const char *zSql,         /* UTF-8 encoded SQL statement. */
  int nBytes,               /* Length of zSql in bytes. */
  sqlite3_stmt **ppStmt,    /* OUT: A pointer to the prepared statement */
  const char **pzTail       /* OUT: End of parsed string */
)

In the above function pzTail is being address-out-of-Bounds. From the
documentation it looks like pzTail will be a pointer inside zSql array and
there seems to be some problem with the pointers.

Could someone please let me know whether this is a known issue or whether it
has already been fixed?

I don't have steps to reproduce as this is intermittent.

Thanks,
Rajeev

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission
by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.