I use the sqlite 3 PDO driver that comes with PHP.  An example:

<?php

$handle = new PDO('sqlite:your_database_file.db');
$handle->exec('CREATE TABLE example (a INTEGER, b INTEGER)');

$statement = $handle->prepare('INSERT INTO example VALUES (?, ?)');
$statement->execute(array(1, 1));
$statement->execute(array(2, 2));
$statement->execute(array(3, 3));

$statement = $handle->prepare('SELECT a, b FROM example WHERE a > ?');
$statement->execute(array(1));
$results = $statement->fetchAll(PDO::FETCH_ASSOC);

var_dump($results);

?>

~Ty