Von: Stephen Chrzanowski [mailto:pontia...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 06. Dezember 2012 11:21
An: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] to find table exists or not

I can think of two reasons why you wouldn't want to blindly delete the
table, but verify that it exists.

- First run of the program that creates the database from square one.  If
the table exists, skip over the create routine and continue.  I routinely
do this for creating an Options database (Program preferences, etc) instead
of relying on ini files (In Windows) since they're limited in volume of
data, and the kind of data that can be stored within.

- If using a temporary table validating that the table exists to begin with
before you start throwing data at it.

The wrapper I use contains a routine that returns a Boolean if the table
exists or not, so I don't have to rely on constructing SQL statements.