I will say one of the spreadsheet like functions I have wanted, and haven't
really seen, is the ability to copy a value in to the column in multiple rows.
MS Access doesn't allow that, but it is trival in a spreadsheet, just highlight
the cells, and Ctrl-D to copy the value down.. I don't recall seeing any
general purpose database manager that can do that. hell, most don't even let
you modify a value in the cell itself.

I'd also say that the autofilters that a spreadsheet offer are way easier for
the non-technical to use than for them trying to craft a sql where clause to
limit the results shown.

I also see users highlighting rows within the excel sheet. That would be
invisible to my link to the data in the table, but is meaningful to them. But I
don't see how that could be made generic, so I don't think it could be done for
something that really is an sqlite table.

And this needs to be something that any user with some experience using a
program like excel could just pick up. Not something that someone has to
"program" for them.

David

PS: What I would love to see is that the display would be smart enough to
insert subtotal rows in the data. I know I hate looking at the totals
in a report, then having to go to another view/tool to fix the
underlying data. But that would be kind of advanced. Stilll, I guess could be
the information to insert the subtotals could be saved in a meta-data table.