There is an open source version of entity framework version (EF, version 6.0).
I want to try it out with mono to see how it works but sadly I have this
ADO.netprovider problem here (sqlite 1.0.82.0).  I get the following error with
the new EF 6.0:

No Entity Framework provider found for 'System.Data.SQLite' ADO.NET provider.
Make sure the provider is registered in the 'entityFramework' section of the
application config file. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=260882 for
more information.

so I checked out that link and it says:

What if the provider I need isn’t available?
If the provider is available for previous versions of EF, then we encourage you
to contact the owner of the provider and ask them to create an EF6 version. You
should include a reference to the documentation on how to rebuild providers for
EF6.
I can see that system.data.sqlite is not mentioned on that list. So I'm
wondering if there is a beta or alpha version that i can use? If not, when can
I expect one?