On 12/18/2012 12:27 PM, Adam DeVita wrote:
There is a table products where has a location id.  Unfortunately
duplicate dictionary names got added to list of locations

products has    locationid and a bunch of other stuff

I can easily get the max (bad) and min  (good)  location ids
associated with each name  (I know I should have made the name field
UNIQUE... mistakes were made years ago)

how do I write an update that essentially says

update products set locationid = good where locationid = bad  , but do
it for each good & bad pair ?

update Products set locationid = (
        select min(locationid) from Locations where name =
        (select name from Locations L where L.locationid = Products.locationId)
);

--
Igor Tandetnik