Hi Everyone

I bought the Apress book. There is a chapter on internals. I have tried to read what I could find on the net too but I am still mixed up about something.

I don't know how sqlite interacts with visitors while maintaining state. If everything was read into memory it would be easy to imagine how things could work but then how would a second application access it?

I am guessing other DBs that have authentication are socket based but I guessing sqlite is not socket based.

If it was all based on disk writes then multiple applications could read and write to it, via a queue with locked files. Is this the case? What sort of inter-process communication is sqlite based on?