I'm using SQLite.net (v1.0.81.0) in an application I'm developing for a
Windows CE system. Recently, one of my database files became corrupted
(but, I don't know how). I'm now trying to examine and possibly repair
the database and I'm experiencing some difficulty.

The main issue I've come across is everything seems to now think that
the database is encrypted (but, it isn't). When I diff'd the database
file with a known good copy (using WinMerge), while the good copy had
easily recognizable strings (e.g., schema), the corrupted copy looked
like pure garbage. What I'd like to determine is whether the database
file is messed up beyond repair, if it can be repaired, and any
indication as to why it happened.

I've tried using the SQLite shell tool issuing the 'pragma
integrity_check', which returned nothing. I then tried to issue a
'.dump' command, which failed after about 2 statements.

I have a copy of SQLite Maestro, but I didn't see any analyze/repair
tools (and it wouldn't open the database file anyway). I also downloaded
a copy of SQLite Manager and SQLite Doctor from SQLabs, which purports
to provide analyzing and repairing tools, but it insists that the
database file is encrypted and wants a password.

Is there a general best praxis for approaching and handling a database
file that has become corrupted? I'm not sure what to try next, or even
if it's already evident that this database file is beyond all hope. Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Christopher Berardi