Igor
Thank you!
Your query is extremely close
but for the repetition of the c.ids at the end

I've tried putting group by (c,id) but got an error
Indeed my weakness seems to be having little idea of how to insert the
stuff for a single query into compound queries.
e.g.
If I want to introduce an "order by clause" for the firms stuff I can't
quite see how to insert it without again causing an error.

Any advice greatfully received.
Dean