I have a user who has a locked database. I don't know why the db is locked
but suspect either he killed the program when it was adding an index or my
program crashed (he was using a beta version). Irrespective of wghich he
has a db that is locked and I'd like to unlock it.

My database would normally only ever be read by a single instance of my
program and after the database has been created and the user starts to
interact with it the updates are generally quite minimal

The db is over a GB in size and I believe that I can use an sqlite backup
to create a new unlocked copy but this is a bit slow and cumbersome.

Is there a faster method for clearing a lock?

Is there some method to ensure that if the indexing process is interrupted
that sqlite rolls back - I have jounalling on and journal mode is set to
delete.

Thanks.