On 11 Feb 2013, at 1:42pm, Jeff Steffanina <zc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> During a sqlite3 session, I need to APPEN output to a FILE in the HTML mode.
>
> Here is my SELECT:  Select * from Booking;
>
> What I really want to say is Set the mode, Execute select and append to
> MySummary:
>
> mode html    Select * from Booking >> MySummary.html
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think you can do the 'append mode' within the shell tool, but you can
do it within your commandline shell (probably using '>>' as you did above) and
tell the shell tool to prepare a text file which becomes part of your HTML
file.  See the '.output' command in

<http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite.html>

So you would have a set of commands to the shell like

.mode html
.output SqlTable.txt
SELECT * FROM Booking;
.output stdout

and then in your shell script you could have

cp SummaryStart.txt > MySummary.html
cp SqlTable.txt >> MySummary.html
cp SummaryEnd.txt >> MySummary.html

Simon.