"Richard Hipp" wrote...
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:45 PM, jose isaias cabrera wrote:

Greetings.

I have this table,

CREATE TABLE Test (login primary key, password);

and I would like to save zlib data using ubyte[] and also call it back in.

Are you trying to store zlib-compressed content in the database file, then
read back the original uncompressed content?  If so, then I suggest adding
two application-defined functions compress() and decompress():

   UPDATE test SET password=compress(password) WHERE login='test';

   SELECT decompress(password) FROM test WHERE login='test';

Sample implementations for the compress() and decompress() functions can be
copied from here:

   http://www.fossil-scm.org/fossil/artifact/a59638aa4c0?ln=53-105

The code for registering these application-defined functions with the
SQLite database connection is seen here:

   http://www.fossil-scm.org/fossil/artifact/a59638aa4c0?ln=119-122

Dr. Hipp,

have you thought of including these as part of the normal sqlite core functions?