Dear SQLite experts,

I'm developing a Web CGI application.
It opens an sqlite3 database, executes few SQL queries
and displays the results in HTML format.

The database is quite small (less that 3mb).
The application fetches a very small part of the data
using indexes.

My problem is that sqlite3_open() for some reasons
takes about 1.5 seconds on Windows under IIS 8 web server
when I open the database in readwrite mode.

In all other conditions it takes less than 0.01 seconds:

1. It works fine on Linux, both under Apache
and when executed from command line.

2. It works fine on Windows under IIS
if I use sqlite3_open_v2(SQLITE_OPEN_READONLY)

3. It works fine on Windows when executed from command line
even if I open the database in readwrite mode.

4. But it takes 1.5 seconds under IIS in readwrite mode.

I thought that it's probably somehow related to the privileges that the
IIS service is running with, and possibly sqlite tries to open some log
files (or similar) in the locations it does not have access to.
I tried to put the database file into "C:\Windows\Temp",
and tried to set "SQLITE_EXTERN char *sqlite3_temp_directory"
to "C:\Windows\Temp", but nothing helped.

Can you please suggest how to improve performance of sqlite3_open?

Thanks.