I understand the "deployment" ease and performance advantage of the
amalgamation. I like it.

Except I can't debug it... 'Cause I'm primarily on Windows, which has a
well-known limitation in the way it stores Debug Information (uses 16-bit
integer for the line number, so limited to ~64K lines, whereas the
amalgamation is much larger).

Could there be another amalgamation, perhaps Windows specific, that spreads
the sole .c file into 2 or 3?

I'm sure it's work, and perhaps even requires another "private" header to
share non-public data structures between the two or more C files, but given
SQLite's clean architecture and layers (Pager, VDBE, etc...), I'm assuming
it's at least "possible", no? Might even not loose much of that little
performance advantage the amalgamation brings???

I for one would be able to dive deeper into the code, without resorting to
the not-recommended full build (which is more Linux than Windows friendly)

I don't have much hope for this (any more than MS fixing its
tool-chain...), but I thought I might as well ask ;). Perhaps someone knows
a trick or two to work-around that MS debugging issue?

Thanks,  --DD