Sorry, I did mean sqlite3_column_decltype.

I repeated my test with sqlite3_column_type and doing the
call after a successful call to sqlite3_column_text still always yields
SQLITE_NULL.
When changing the call to sqlite3_column_decltype, I do get the column
declarations.
So, all I need to do is convert the declaration verbiage to type values.
It does seem odd that sqlite3_column_type doesn't seem to work.
  I do understand the data type affinities issue and realize that the data type
does not necessarily have anything to do with the initial column definition.

Vance