From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Carl Gross
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:28 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] Beginning database question

Hi All,

I'm an amateur programmer who has never worked with databases before.  I
*think* that getting started with SQLite may help with some of my projects,
but I'm having trouble determining exactly how.  I'm hoping someone in this
list may be able to point me in the right direction.

My simplified situation is this.  There are 10 discrete heights' and 10
discrete weights,' and each height/weight combination corresponds to one of
two 'teams.'  All of this information is hardcoded into my program.  My
program asks a user to enter his own height and weight, and the program
will output the user's corresponding team based on the hardcoded data.

My SQLite question is:  Can using SQLite instead of Microsoft Excel be
beneficial in terms of coding efficiency, processing speed, memory usage,
or any other aspect?  If so, how?

Sorry for the long, broad, vague question.  I'm not looking for someone to
tell me how to do something.  I'm looking for someone to assure me that
SQLite (rather than a simple spreadsheet) is right for me, and to hopefully
steer me towards some documentation that may be beneficial to me.

Thanks,

Carl